Keeping it brief and positive this morning.
10 ticks off the elusive 1.40!! I reckon we will see it before close of business today – do get in contact if you wish to place a ‘firm order’ when the rate becomes tradeable.
Up a collective 3.3% since the beginning of 2021, with half of those gains being recorded this week.
Reasons for the move:
- Positive technical momentum
- An ongoing post-Brexit realignment
- UK’s lead in the vaccine race
- Negative interest rates at the Bank of England now unlikely
- Broadly supportive global equity markets trends
- Potential buying of Sterling by global central banks
- It’s Friday
On that note have a good one! If you have any decent pictures you’d like featured in the morning update with a shoutout do get in touch.